Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mooncake


No, it's not the mooncake season yet. I can only start ordering from Kee Wah Bakery some time in August. But I've been thinking about it lately as I really do miss it, for some reason. Not that we actually celebrated the mooncake or Mid-Autumn Festival as it's also called. But we did eat the mooncakes. That was a sort of celebration in itself, I suppose. It would be quartered and savoured slowly. Best to be eaten when surrounded by like-minded people who also appreciated it. My favourite was lotus seed paste mooncake without the egg yolk. For me, plain was best. Most definitely.


These days, I can only eat so much before I start feeling stuffed and then I get worried that I may have consumed too many calories. And it isn't the same just enjoying it by myself. But I should be thankful that I still get to enjoy it.


The above mooncakes were courtesy of my mother who posted them to me from Singapore a few years back. I was so thrilled that I took a few pictures to remember the occasion. Eating a quartered piece of mooncake now and then just wasn't the same anymore. My tastebuds were satisfied for a moment before the hollow longing for all that was familiar would come flooding back again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home