Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Carrot Cake



This was my first attempt at baking a carrot cake. The recipe can be found here at the Betty Crocker web site.

It was for hubby's birthday as he had requested a carrot cake. And he wanted a heavy cake. All the recipes I found online mentioned how dense their cakes were. Sounded good to me! I had either whipped the frosting too much (till it got too thin to spread) or it was affected by the heat as it was pretty hot that day. Anyways, I managed to frost the cake and added walnuts to make it somewhat pretty. It wasn't the best-looking cake but at least it tasted good. Hubby was very pleased with it and enjoyed it again and again, sometimes with extra frosting on the cake as I'd kept the remaining frosting in a bowl and refrigerated it along with the cake. I have to admit that I didn't care for it when I first tried a piece. It tasted all right. But it did taste better the next day. The next time I bake a carrot cake, I'll be sure to add more frosting in between the layers. Lots more. You can hardly see any frosting in mine (yes, I was a stingy poker in that department).



I've bookmarked two other carrot cake recipes and will be sure to try another one some other time. And, hopefully, it will be a prettier cake! Practice makes perfect, as they say. Gotta keep practicing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home